Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Confirmation Panel did not ask the right question.

As I see it, every person appointed for any position in the government should be asked the following question.

Do you believe that an airplane crashed into the Pentagon on September 11, 2001?


The Senate confirmed President George W. Bush's choice for Donald Rumsfeld's replacement as Secretary of Defense without asking that question.

I believe that they have confirmed just another soft spoken C.I.A. insider willing to play the game for a few more years. I believe that he is the only C.I.A. agent to have made it to the top. I wonder why ??? Was he recruited by this President's father ? It couldn't be patriotism because he didn't bring up the subject either.

I am very disappointed, but not surprised, that none of the Senators that were on the Confirmation Committee dared ask that question. Especially the ones that have 2008 Presidential aspirations. I will be looking for someone who will ask the tough questions.

Maybe the new Democrat takeover of both houses of Congress isn't going to be as effective as we wanted it to be. We can still hope that when they open their first session that I will be proven wrong.

I heard that the new 110th Congress is going to legislate some of the recommendations that were suggested by the Official 9/11 Commission.

As I see it, doing that would be putting the cart before the horse. The 110th Congress has enough to do without creating more of a legislative mess like cleaning up 5 years of legislation passed on lies and bribery (lobbyists).

I think they should appoint a committee to re-open the investigation which could be funded in part by the insurance companies who were told to pay fraudulent claims before doing their own investigations and given new legislation that created a new line of business "Terrorism Risk Insurance".

Specifically, Mr. Silverstein and associates whose insurance claim and court documents submitted before the end of 2001 that happened to match what the 9/11 Commission reported a few years later, followed by faulty FEMA and NIST reports.

No comments: