Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Open letter to the History Channel - re 9/11 conspiracy program aired August 20, 2007

Good Morning,

I would like to commend you for your attempt to stay in the middle of the road with your above mentioned presentation. I am a resident of Maywood, NJ and work in Hackensack, NJ a few miles west from the George Washington Bridge. I frequently watch the History Channel programs.

I like many others have found your above mentioned program lacking of qualified experts to debunk the conspiracy theories. Whoever selected the Popular Mechanics "Editor" and his "researcher" as experts of everything and giving them the last word on everything was unfair.

Popular Mechanics is only around because people like me have read the ones from the 1930s & 40s that my father had.

I realize that whoever directed the two hour documentary had quite a task since the amount of material is so vast and complex but I think it was better than your ignoring it. It is history. Unfortunately a sad history that has cost us thousands of lives and billions of dollars being pumped into wars which we can't afford. We neither have the money nor the resources. As soon as Bush invaded Iraq I told my son that Iraq was his Vietnam. Unfortunately it appears that I was right. Sometimes I wish I was wrong.

Wouldn't it be great if the history channel could get a reputation of independently investigating at least some of the material that is fading into history on the grounds that history should record the truth regardless of the outcome.

I would like to suggest that there is sufficient material available that a series could be done, perhaps someone would be willing to actually investigate the alternatives pro and/or con of each theory. Rather than skirt over them in a certain time period. You could be creating history rather than just showing history in a hap-hazzard manner.

Contrary to what the program stated about the "Truthers" having all the answers and filling in the voids, I don't. I have questions which require answers. My wife was shopping in the Century 21 across the street from the World Trade Center Towers when she heard the first plane hit. I won't bore you with the rest of the people that I know that have been effected by the events of that day and clearing of Ground Zero on the belief that the air was safe to breath.

I don't know the Truth about everything and I have to rely on my brain, common sense and forensic experience as well as the opinions of others that I trust in their various expertise.

As a forensic accountant (CPA, DABFA) there are questions that I have asked and have been able to satisfy myself regarding the financial consequences. I speak for no organization other than myself but I belong to a few. I was banned without warning completely from the 911 Pilots for Truth. I joined to find out where American Airlines Flight 77 landed.

I forgot if your program mentioned that some of the hijackers were found alive after the planes that they allegedly hijacked crashed into buildings. My question is simple, if someone was able to get off of the plane it had to land. So I joined the 911 Pilots for Truth forum and did research. I asked questions about the flight transponders. It is common knowledge that each aircraft had irregularities with their flight transponders at some time during the filghts. I was given a link where I could find a thick book with an explanation of "it would take me three weeks to teach you about the flight transponders". So I followed the link and was able to download the book. I asked questions about how the flight transponders are controlled. I was informed that the blips on the radar screens that identified a particular flight were manually input by a numeric code in any flight transponder and that the flight transponders are located in the cockpit. It is even a "checklist item". I asked if a flight transponder could be turned off in one aircraft and that code could be entered into a flight transponder of an aircraft that was already in the air. I received a "yes, it is possible". I then asked what the people in the control towers see and was informed that they see the blip that is put out from the flight transponder. They don't get any indication what kind of physical aircraft I asked ? No they never see the physical aircraft, was the response. I asked if a piper cub entered the code for Flight 77 and took off from the airport as Flight 77 it would be considered Flight 77 until they turned the flight transponder off and another aircraft already airborn could enter the code for Flight 77 and all of the professional air traffic controllers would identify the second plane as Flight 77. I was assured that that was a possibilty.

This is an example of what could be contained in a series based upon the 9/11 Conspiracy. The 9/11 Offical Commission Report ommitted a great deal of testamony from William Rodriques who was in the building and heard an explosion from below before the first plane hit above. He was a maintenance man and the last man out of the tower before it collapsed. As well as the firemen who were in the tower and described the patter of explosions. I believe that the 9/11 Commission was sent with the job to support all the insurance claims that had already been filed before the president appointed the commission in 2003. I forgot if your program mentioned that the Chairman of the 9/11 committee wrote a book last year when his son was running for the Senate for the Republican Party as an Independent Reformer. The book was about how the White House interferred with the Commission and was pressuring them to complete the task at hand. I don't think much of the person who signed off on something that he knew was misleading and incomplete. But then I am not a politician.

Your program also didn't go into the Pyroplastic flow similar to volcanoes which was shown in "911 Eyewitness" which was filmed from New Jersey.

I have to believe Professor Jones that the buildings were rigged for controlled demolition. If you have seen the numerous other famous fires in steel framed structures that burned hotter and longer that the 2 110 story buildings and they didn't collapse. I don't buy the pancake theory as the 9/11 Commission states.
Also Marvin Bush, the president's younger brother was hired as head of security of the World Trade Center from about 1998 through September 11 and was on the Board of Directors of one of the 25 or so insurance companies involved.

If you step back and look at it the people that pulled off the controlled demolition did a great job. I don't think that other that all the buildings that were on the land owned by the Port Authority of NY & NJ suffered sufficient damage that they were required to be destroyed. They should be congratulated for a job well done BUT there was no reason that anybody had to die. The slang term, as I see it, is Jewish Lightening. You know, clearing land of worthless buildings.

Were you aware that the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey put out a press release in September 1998 regarding the first sucessful landing of a commercial aircraft using the Global Positioning System and 3 days later they issued another press release announcing a Historic Shift and put the World Trade Center up for sale on the public market?

Again, I want to thank you for your attempt. With all the politics and money involved I was surprised you did anything at all with 9/11. Someone once told me that bad publicity is better than no publicity. Also, it is OK to rock the boat, just be careful not to tip the boat over. I would be interested in seeing for myself the 9/11 conspiracies get proven wrong. Similar to the Myth Busters on the Discovery channel.

These were just my thoughts, my best to everyone involved with your organization.

No comments: