Thursday, August 2, 2007

Is "Like a New Pearl Harbor" the best phrase to describe 9/11

I understand but those on the fringes probably won't think it through that far and that's why I think we need to change the analogy.

But I don't know what an acceptable analogy or expression would be to convince them.

My sister refuses to listen to anything about United 93 because her daughter has a friend whose father was on that flight and they went to his funeral.
She can't see the lack of wreckage because they went to a funeral.
She can't see no bodies because she went to a funeral.
She can't read the news item about United 93 making a safe emergency landing in a Cleveland Airport because she went to a funeral.

I live in Bergen County, NJ about 10 miles west of the GWB and can't even get people who were near the towers on 9/11 to step back and look at the facts. I've been trying for almost 2 years. They won't even take a free DVD. My wife is one of them. She is seriously considering retiring because she developed Rosacea and has trouble getting into the city. People from a lot of the little towns here lost people.

I know a person who lives in Brooklyn about 3 miles from Ground zero and he is having breathing problems. He is also the one who got me started doing my own investigation. I had to send him an email tonight to contact someone who is familiar with the dust situation.

When you say to them like another Pearl Harbor which was real, they respond see we told you it's bin-Laden.

Pearl Harbor was attacked by actual Japaneese with aircraft and bombs made in Japan.
9/11 was not carried out by a clear cut enemy, it was a series of covert operations perhaps preformed by Americans and/or their allies.

No comments: