Thursday, April 26, 2007

Letter to Congressman Rothman 4/26/07

Honorable Sir,
I would like to commend you for approving HR 1591. I am sure that you would have not voted for it if you thought it was not in our best interest.

President Woodrow Wilson gave a speech 10 months before the end of WWI which contains 14 points. The entire speech is at http://www.historyplace.com/speeches/wilson-points.htmhs

I think that the first point, which I have copied below, is something that has been forgotten.

"1. Open covenants of peace must be arrived at, after which there will surely be no private international action or rulings of any kind, but diplomacy shall proceed always frankly and in the public view."

At the end of WWII they organized the United Nations.
The Charter of the United Nations is at: http://www.un.org/aboutun/charter/index.html
Part of the Charter is as follows:
"to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, and"

I have been paying more attention to politics these days and I don't like what I am hearing. I happened to look up Central Intelligence Agency in Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Intelligence_Agency
and found the following:
"The third function of the CIA is as the hidden hand of the U.S. government, by engaging in covert operations at the direction of the President."

Since the CIA is our "hidden hand", then other foreign governments also have their own "hidden hands".
It appears to me that the entire problem in Iraq might be with all the various "hidden hands" fighting each other with us in the middle. Sort of like a "Paintball Battlefield" except when you get hit you don't always get up, innocent civilians are fair game and you can't tell whose "hidden hands" belong to what country because they are all using the same color paint (Blood Red).

Since the current Bush Administration has proved to me with the way he was "elected" in 2000, the events of 9/11/01 where FEMA was deployed to NYC on the September 10th, the Patriot Act, notification to the UN International Crime Committee in May 2002 that the US no longer wishes to be involved, and numerous other outright lies that the Bush Administration is corrupt. The Judicial branch of our government has been corrupted with the lack of respect that the Attorney General Gonzales displayed during his testimony the other day.

It makes me wonder when the CIA can name things "George Bush Center for Intelligence" maybe the first Bush Administration was not playing fair either.

I want you to know that I am an Eagle Scout (Class of 1958) and an Certified as a Public Accountant by the State of New York. I work at a local accounting firm in Hackensack.
My father was the second Eagle Scout (Class of 1934)in the history of Troop 5, Holy Trinity Church, Hackensack, NJ. My son is an Eagle Scout (Class of 1959).
I have relatives who graduated from West Point. The first was in 1924 and his son graduated from West Point late 1950's.
I care about this country and do not like the fact that it has been apparently taken over by the Bush Crime Family.

I was rasied to leave things in better condition than when I arrived. I trust you will continue to do your best to insure that this country does not become as corrupt as it appears it is today.

No comments: